Tuesday, May 26, 2009

With Angels, Shun Demons

I've watched Angels and Demons on the big screen last Sunday with my friend. While going inside the cinema, I was thinking that hopefully the movie will be as exciting as the book. I've read both the "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons". I have also watched "The Da Vinci Code" the movie. I was quite disappointed with the Da Vinci the movie version because I thought that few, if not many, was left out in the movie.

But boy oh boy! With "Angels and Demons" movie, I was wowed. I have never watched any movie that made my heart beat faster and faster while the movie is going on. Well, except if the movie is scary. The one when monsters kept on surprising you by shoving themselves on your face. The movie did justice to the book. And If I am Dan Brown, I would be insanely satisfied with the outcome of the movie. I was taken away with every scene. I have never experienced watching movies that made me hold my breath the way this movie did.

I was told that novel-cum-movie is not thrilling to watch because you already know the story. But I don't believe it. Well, with this movie, at least. The producers, scriptwriters, directors, made a good plot out of the book. I assure you that it will be worth your money. It will now be a newly added item to my very short list of favorite movies. And frankly, if only I don't have anyone with me, I would watch the movie over and over.

A more in-depth review will be written soon. When time would be on my side. As for now, I don't have the luxury of time in my hands. I'm not at home, that's why.

Again, kudos to the staff and crew of "Angles and Demons"!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
Critique-ally Speaking by Shiela Briol is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.