Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Makapili

So here I am trying to have a good start although I was sooo late already for work when out of the blue, a blue bird pointed to me this article.

China builds more Spratly outposts

After reading the piece, I cannot help but feel awful. You see, I am working for China's state media so upon reading this, as shallow as it may seem, I felt like shit. It is just that while this circus is going on here I am, working for them. Somehow, I feel like I am betraying my country, the Philippines, just like a Makapili. Serving the Japanese conqueror at the expense of the Filipinos. But my hands are tied, though not too tight. I love it here, I mean my current boss is just the best. The working environment is non-toxic (at least most of the time). Anyway, I really pray that this dispute over Spratly's Island will not in any manner complicate things further. For one, we cannot afford a battle with China, and I say this with all honesty and humility. But as what the political analyst had said in the article, we should not surrender our sovereignty to whoever. We have come a long long way and fought our way through the end. This is not the time to surrender, and bowing down to whoever is out of the question.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
Critique-ally Speaking by Shiela Briol is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Philippines License.